Why We Walk?
We walk …
- Because those affected by brain tumours should never walk alone
- To celebrate survivors
- To honour and remember those who have passed away
- To bring hope
- To raise awareness
- To find a cure
What’s Our Impact?
Because we walk…
- Pediatric Brain Cancer patients and families are given the chance to forget they're sick for a day through our BrainWAVE program
- Survivors, patients, caregivers and loved ones can overcome challenges and find hope at a Brain Tumour Support Group
- Patients and families facing a brain tumour diagnosis can make informed decisions with the help of a Brain Tumour Patient Handbook
- New advances in research and treatment are made possible through funding Studentships, Fellowships and Research Grants
Did You Know?
Brain tumours are unpredictable and complex. They can affect vision, hearing, memory, balance and mobility. Their effects are physical, emotional, financial, and last a lifetime. There is no cure.
Each year, the money you raise by participating in a Brain Tumour Walk event helps Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada support thousands of Canadians affected by a brain tumour through information, education, support and research.
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada has been providing hope to Canadians affected by a brain tumour for 35 years. With your support, they will continue to provide hope until the cause of and a cure for brain tumours has been found.
When you walk you help all Canadians living with a brain tumour find hope.
Hope through patient and survivor support.
Hope through research.
Hope for a cure.